THE SHIPYARD’S INFRASTRUCTURE.
Canados prides itself on being one of the only Italian yacht builders to manufacture most everything in-house.Our design, engineering and technical offices provide all the calculations necessary for structural resistance, GA, and the design of most systems. This results in total flexibility to positively answer the majority of demands from owners. Apart from the vertical integration of all specific engineering, we also manufacture everything in-house including our composite hulls, decks and superstructures. But keeping a close control of our production does not stop with manufacturing the “shell”, as we also integrated production of the majority of our stainless-steel hardware on site. The in-house creation of our own interiors has also contributed to our unique reputation for quality. Our carpenters use the latest 5 Axis CNC machine but are all highly trained traditional carpenters. A visit to our shipyard is always a unique experience. Thus, our customers regularly show up during the construction of their new yacht and discuss each stage with our project managers. This relationship, with the input of owners and captains, results in a constant evolution of our projects. Our 80,000 square meters / 20 Acres waterfront facility is a true melting pot of ideas and innovations, applying the latest technologies with the care of traditional craftsmanship. Located at the mouth of the River Tiber, the Canados facility includes two private marinas, allowing for the constant testing and improvements we strive to constantly achieve.
- 3 office buildings house the technical, purchasing, management and commercial office.
- 2 private marinas, respectively with a water surface of 16,000 (4 acres) and 9,000 square meter (2.2 acres) allowing for constant testing with direct ocean access within a quarter of a mile. The marinas also welcome clients’ yachts for all their scheduled maintenance, technical upgrades, refits and winter storage.
- 260 tons travel lift allowing us to haul yachts up to 40+ meters;
- 4 external work areas for refit and maintenance activities of respectively 3,200 sq. meter (34,500 sq. feet), 2,400 sq. meter (25,800 sq. feet), 3,000 sq. meter (32,300 sq. feet), and 2,400 sq. meter (25,800 sq. feet);
- A 3,200 sq. meter (34,500 sq. feet) fiberglass shed;
- A 2,400 sq. meter (25,800 sq. feet) assembling shed;
- A 2,600 sq. meter (28,000 sq. feet) finishing shed;
- A 600 sq. meter (6,500 sq. feet) painting shed;
- A 3,200 sq. meter (34,500 sq. feet) joinery, wood and moke-up shed.